Instructions for Beta Testers
Follow the directions on this page to keep up to date with your Alpha Beta Testing Unit. New versions of the firmware will be posted
Click to download the latest firmware version. Ensure that you save the files to a blank USB drive to update your Alpha charger.
Firmware Version History
- Firmware 5.2.3 (First Update)
- Firmware 5.25
Install Latest Firmware Version
- Click the link to download the latest firmware version.
- Save or open the compressed folder.
- Copy the files to a blank USB drive.
- On your Alpha select the Settings icon from the main menu.
- Select USB Firmware Update from the settings screen.
- Insert the USB drive into Alpha’s USB port. Alpha will automatically display the Current Firmware Version and the Update Firmware and validate the file.
- Once validation is complete select the Start Update button.
- Wait for the update to complete. Do not unplug Alpha during while updating. When the update is complete Alpha will reboot.
- Remove the USB drive.
Beta Testing Plan
As the Beta Testing proceeds, United Chargers has outlined the following plan for future updates:
- The first update implement the USB software update functionality.
- The second update will have bug fixes found during the initial beta testing phase
- The third update will seek to have the Audio and Reports fully functional. During this phase, we will introduce an additional 80 Beta testers to the program.
- The fourth update will enable Wi-Fi and Lan Internet connectivity for Alpha and connection to the Portal.
- The fifth update will bring OCPP integration so Alpha can be connected to other OCPP software.
- The sixth update will add other languages to the Alpha – French and Spanish are expected to be added first.
This will conclude the Beta testing and Alpha will go into production.
Ongoing development will continue as Alpha goes into production to bring all multimedia features and peripherals integration to make the Alpha EVSE into the complete Smart Home central hub.
Do you have questions or requests for the Beta testing
Fill in the form below or send an email to email@example.com for any questions or requests regarding your Alpha Beta Testing Units. We will respond to you as soon as possible and provide regular updates for all Beta Testers.